Unit 1 - Administrative Access
• Configure and access various consoles directly, remotely with ssh, and with virt-manager.
• Configure privilege escalation with sudo.
Unit 2 - Package Management2
• Manage software on system using yum, Red Hat Network, and rpm.
Unit 3 - System Services and Security
• Configure and manage system logging, time synchronization, printers, and task automation.
• Troubleshoot SELinux.
Unit 4 - System Initialization
• Define boot process, recover system, and manage service startup.
Unit 5 - Kernel Monitoring and Configuration
• Explore kernel modules and variants, tune kernel parameters, manage devices, and monitor processes and resources.
Unit 6 - Network Configuration
• Configure dynamic and static network settings for IPv4 and filter packets.
Unit 7 - Filesystem Administration
• Review filesystem management concepts, removable media and configure NFS shares with autofs.
Unit 8 - Additional Storage
• Expand storage by adding new filesystems and swap space.
Unit 9 - User Administration
• Create, modify and delete users, groups, and policy.
• Protect users and groups with quotas.
Unit 10 - Filesystems for Group Collaboration
• Establish collaborative group directories.
• Protect users and groups with ACLs.
Unit 11 - Centralized User Administration
• Revisit user administration by connecting to network directory services like NIS and LDAP.
Unit 12 - Software RAID
• Manage filesystems using Software RAID and recover an array.
Unit 13 - Logical Volume Management
• Manage filesystems using Logical Volume Management.
• Resize filesystems and protect them with LVM Snapshots.
Unit 14 - Virtualization and Automated Installation
• Perform automated installations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
• Create para-virtualized user domains in Xen.
Unit 15 - Troubleshooting with Rescue Mode
• Explore troubleshooting methodologies.
• Utilize the rescue environment of anaconda.
Course Outline Version 2
• Graphical installation of Linux
• Managing physical storage
• Introduction to the command line
• Learning how to install and configure local components and services
• Establishing network and securing network services
• Managing and securing files
• Administrating users and groups
• Deploying file-sharing services
• GUI-based tools and key command-line concepts
• Basic security skills